Traveling nurses have one of the most enviable jobs available. You are doing a job you love, traveling to locations you are dying to see, all the while enjoying better benefits than when you were a staff nurse. What’s not to love?
It’s easy to see why nurses are constantly looking into this exciting profession. You can enjoy yourself while you work and learn. You have the best of both worlds.
Travel nurse benefits are outstanding. This is one of the main reasons travel nursing is so popular.
- Free housing
- Free health insurance
- Above average pay
- License reimbursement
- Unlimited travel to the places you want to see
- Work in some of the finest hospitals in the nation
- Learn new techniques and keep up to date with the latest trends in nursing
The list can go on and on. There are so many advantages for traveling nurses that it has been a consistently growing career choice, year after year.
This is not to say there aren’t any drawbacks.
- You must have at least one year of experience in the specialty you will travel in
- You must be comfortable with new surroundings. Not only in your personal life, but in work, as well. Everywhere has different policies and procedures.
- You will need to hit the ground running. Orientation is very limited, if at all.
For most traveling nurses, they often feel that the benefits and perks far outweigh any negatives they may encounter. Be flexible, be prepared, go with the flow and you will have an incredible travel nursing experience!